Department of Communication and Media Studies at NKUA
The Department of Communication and Media Studies at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) was created during the academic year 1990-1991 and its prime focus since has been to meet the needs of academic teaching and research in the field of communication studies in the country. The Department has been constantly growing over the last decades. Today, the Department’s academic staff and researchers are active in diverse fields, such as journalism, theory and practices of mass media, old and new media, advertising and public relations, as well as political science and sociology, law, history, psychology and culture. The Department offers to the students, through its interdisciplinary nature, the opportunity to develop their critical and analytical skills and equips graduates with the fundamental competences and skills for a career in media and communications.
The Department of Communication and Media Studies consists of three Sections:
- Section of Social and Political Analysis of Communication
- Section of Culture, Environment, Communication Applications and Technology
- Section of Psychology of Communication, Communication Practices and Planning
The Department operates six Laboratories:
- Laboratory for Social Research in the Media
- Laboratory of New Technologies in Communication, Education and the Mass Media
- Communication & Media Psychology Lab
- Laboratory of Audiovisual Media
- Laboratory of Arts and Cultural Management
- Laboratory of Journalism Studies and Communication Applications
The Department is connected to the network "@thina" of the NKUA, ensuring continuous access to the internet, both for Department and for the students.
More info: http://en.media.uoa.gr/