Special Interdepartmental Committee
The Special Interdepartmental Committee (SIC) is composed of seven (7) Department members elected by the Assembly of each Department for a period of two years, as well as two (2) representatives of the graduate students elected from the students of the MSc Media and Refugee / Migration Flows, for a period of one year.
President of the Committee:
- Professor George Pleios (NKUA)
Vice President of the Committee:
- Professor Michael Psimitis (University of the Aegean)
Members of the Committee:
- Professor Stylianos Papathanassopoulos (NKUA)
- Assistant Professor Marina Rigou (NKUA)
- Lecturer Nikos Papanastasiou (NKUA)
- Professor Stratos Georgoulas (University of the Aegean)
- Professor Elli Filokyprou (NKUA)
Student Members of the Committee:
- To be determined
Responsibilities of the SIC
- decides its Chairman and the members of the Co-ordinating Committee from its Members
- decides, the Director of Studies from the Members of the CC. (The Director of Studies chairs the CC)
- set up selection / examination committees for graduate candidates
- may set up additional committees where it is considered necessary. All proposals or decisions of committees are approved by the SIC of the IPP.
- approves the teaching assignment proposed by the CC
- validates the list of the selected postgraduate students
- determines the successful completion of the courses for the award of the MSc and exercises all other rights by the provisions of Law 4485/2017
- decides on the financial management and, in particular, on the approval of program expenditure and certify the relationship between the training needs of the program and the expenditure claimed.