Lila (Evangelia) Mastora
Lila Mastora is a Researcher at the Department of Communication and Media Studies, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, working on an EU funded programme on combatting xenophobia and racism in public transport. She was awarded her Ph.D. on conflict, collective trauma and the sense of belonginess in youth groups in West Bank and Israel from the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. She was a Visiting Research Fellow from February to September 2012 at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel working on trauma, identity and conflict. From 2009 until 2015, she worked as a researcher at the Communication and Media Psychology Lab, Department of Communication and Media Studies on several research programs studying:
- the effects of the socioeconomic and cultural environment on representation and conflict management in close interpersonal relations between migrants and Greeks in contemporary Greece,
- the psychological effects of the financial crisis,
- political participation.
She worked as a Social Scientist and Coordinator of the Refugee Reception and Accommodation program of UNHCR and Arsis, NGO, in Leros in 2016-2017. She was a researcher and project manager in CMT Prooptiki in 2018, where she managed the implementation of EU funded programs on Social Policy, assessed the quality and the impact of the implemented programs.
Among others, she managed the following programs:
- PROACTIVE: Prevent Roma Discrimination Providing Mediation Skills to Police Officers: Researcher – Impact Assessment
- ARIANDE: Developing and supporting multi-sectoral police reporting procedures to prevent and respond to domestic violence against women: Researcher – Impact Assessment
- I_DO: A youth-led alliance, building @ctive Roma citizens: Researcher for the analysis of the findings of the qualitative research
- BREAK: Breaking Stereotypes: Researcher – Impact Assessment
- ESTEEM: Enhancing Social Graduates Transversal, Entrepreneurial and Employment skills: Researcher for the analysis of the findings of the qualitative research
Since 2019, she works as a Teaching Adjunct at the Cyprus University of Technology.
Among the modules he has taught on both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, are:
- Political communication
- Social Psychology
PROACTIVE Impact Assessment Report (2019). Submitted to the European Commission
PROACTIVE Quality Evaluation Report (2018). Submitted to the European Commission
ESTEEM: Educational material (2018). Submitted to the European Commission
ARIADNE Impact Assessment Report (2019). Submitted to the European Commission
Mastora, L., Chatjoulis, A. (2013). More similar than different? A study on the effects of trauma on intra intra and inter-group relations in Israeli and Palestinian informal groups. In Mark Callaghan (ed.), How trauma resonates. Art, literature and theoretical practice. Inter-disciplinary press.
Mastora, L., Chatjoulis, A. (2011). The Formation of Minority Groups and Networks in the Case of Palestinian Students Living in Greece: The Effects of Collective Trauma, Suffering and Belongingness. In Kerry Gallaher (ed.), Multiculturalism, critical and interdisciplinary perspectives. Inter-disciplinary press.