Field of specialization:
- Journalism and New Media, Radio Journalism, Multimedia Journalism, Political and Foreign Affairs Reporting, Public Sphere, Electronic Governence, Democracy and Public Opinion.
- BSc (1984), Department of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, University of Athens.
- BA (1997) and MA (1999), Department of Communication and Mass Media of the University of Athens.
- PhD on the impact of the Internet on politics and the public sphere from the Department of Communication and Mass Media of the University of Athens.
- Radio Journalist at ERT (Public Broadcast Company) Radio Program 4 (1988 – 1990) and at Flash Radio Station (1991-2015 and 2016).
- Editor at the portal Flash.gr International News Department (2000-2003).
- Correspondent in Greece for The Christian Science Monitor (2015).
- By-liner to USA TODAY, The Christian Science Monitor, Global Post, Washington Times. Occasional reporting for BBC Radio5, Sky News, i24news, Berlingske, USA TODAY (2018).
Member of the Laboratory Teaching Staff of the Department of Communication, Media and Culture at Panteion University (2004-2017) teaching “Multi Media Journalism” and “Radio Broadcasting Production and Journalism”.
She taught “Political Journalism and the Internet” (2001-2004) and “Political behaviour and Mass Media” (2003-2004) in the post graduate program of the Department of Communication and Mass Media of the University of Athens.
- She is the author of a book titled From Digital Revolution to Digital Surveillance. New Media, Publicity and Politics (Sideris Publishing House, 2014). Many articles and research papers of hers dealing with issues concerning communication, media, electronic governance and politics have been published in scientific journals and collective issues. She has conducted researches on the topics of the Internet, Journalism and Mass Media.
- National winner of the contest for the European Prize for Journalism in the field of Radio, with the news program “Time and Space Trip” having the Lisbon Treaty as its topic. The shortlisting of the candidates was conducted by a Committee of Greek journalists under the auspices of the Information Office of the European Parliament in Greece (June 2008).
She is a member of:
- Greek Journalists Association, International Federation of Journalists, Hellenic Political Science Association and Hellenic Sociological Society.